MCH Field Weekend 202109
|MCH Field Weekend 202109|
|Name||MCH2021 Orga Meeting + Field Day + Camping + BBQ + Parthaayyy|
|Where||Scoutinglandgoed Zeewolde, Nulderpad 5, 3896LV, Zeewolde, The Netherlands|
MCH Field Weekend in September 2021. From 3 to 5 September. More information will follow. Please sign up below!
Where: Scoutinglandgoed Zeewolde, Nulderpad 5, 3896LV, Zeewolde, The Netherlands
What is a Field Weekend?
The field weekend is a few days on the future MCH2022 terrain. It's the ideal moment to meet the organization, explore the terrain and have a great time. If you want to join the organization, then please sign up below so you can also enjoy the BBQ.
Want to add your content to the meeting remotely? Check out #Lightning_talks.
Friday, September 3: preparation day
A buildup and socializing day. You're welcome to join during the day from 10:00 in the morning.
- 10:00 Access to terrain
- 10:00 - 12:00: Buildup own tents
- 12:00 - 13:00: Small Lunch
- 13:00 - 15:00: Various preparation activities: army tent retrieval, food shopping, network, preparation of signage etc
- 15:00: Building army tents
- 15:00 - 19:00: Socializing
- 19:00: Dinner (group delivery order, everyone pays for themselves where possible)
- 20:00: Campfire, socializing
Saturday, September 4: meeting and party day
- 10:00 - 11:00: Breakfast
- 11:00 - 12:37: Meeting
- 12:37 - 13:37: Lunch
- 14:00 - 17:00: Group walk over the terrain
- 17:00 - Night: Socializing
- 18:00 Start BBQ
Optional:Ad Hoc Lightning talks
- Nightfall: campfire
Sunday, September 5: Cleanup and plausible deniability
- 10:00 - 12:00: Breakfast / Early lunch
- 12:00: Teardown of tents
- 18:00: Plausible deniability
Facilities and organizing
- Network: will be built up on friday
- Showers, toilets and running water provided in the shower building very near our site. Limited hot water.
- Power: distributed from the power box near our site.
- Lunch and dinner (BBQ) provided. Dinner friday evening is for own costs or DIY.
- Donations welcome
More tents are always welcome! We especially need party tents!
- Terrain / On terrain facilities (netsmurf)
- Terrain booked : yes booked !
- Boats : none ☹
- Toilets/Shower : Unit Ruthne
- Power : Yes we can use the field cabinets, but have to bring our own power distribution.
- BBQ (Netsmurf):
- DONE: Ordered BBQ for 80people, caterer sending cook
- Tents (Stitch):
- 3 * 16x6 army tent - Good for 100 people with 1.5 meter social distancing.
- Benches + tables (scouting)
We have made careful preparations, please help us to follow all regulations connected to COVID19. It would be our greatest nightmare to cause a spreader event.
Here is a reminder to the Dutch basic rules:
- If you have symptoms, get tested as soon as possible and stay at home.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
In addition to these rules:
- Absolutely no hugging! Unless you belong to the same household.
- We don’t want to run around policing people on distancing, but we will be repeatedly ask everyone to keep their distance.
- Stay extra aware of where you are in relation to other people. And help each other to keep distance.
- Follow walking directions and distancing directions on the floors
- Do not share a tent unless you belong to the same household
- Be careful with alcohol. It tends to blur boundaries.
- Bring at least 10 unicorns. It’s essential.
There will be tents on the terrain. Since we expect rain, we will spread out tables across the tents. This will be done in such a way that everyone can sit at 1,5 m from each other. Please do so. The benches will have a pink circle on each seating spot. Please sit on these pink circles.
Use all the sanitising products we have. Please sanitise before and after touching areas that a lot of people touch, like doorhandles, coffee pots etc. We will provide:
- Hand sanitiser (70% alcohol)
- Paper towels
- Cleaning towels
- Desinfecting spray to clean surface areas
- Trash bags for the towels
- A spot to wash your hands
We will take care of breakfast on Sunday morning, drinks, and of course the BBQ on Saturday evening. If you want snacks, please bring these yourself.
We will not provide:
- Toilet paper (so bring some)
Here is a way too long pack list as a reminder on what to bring (although, you won’t need everything on there): https://wiki.sha2017.org/w/What_to_bring
There are lightning talks! Come tell us about your project, idea, anything! You have up to 4 minutes.
You can also present remotely. In that case, please, (1) add yourself to the timeslot table (2) be at the dial-in link 5 minutes before your talk.
Steps for joining in:
- Add yourself to the table below
- Prepare content
- Be there at 20:00
HDMI is available but you can also talk without any slides.
|20:00-20:04||Lightning talks. What is it? How do I do it?||user:Kirils|
|20:05-20:09||How to properly use a microphone.||user:Sophie|
|20:10-20:14||Embedding data in Twitch video using old tricks||user:Stitch|
|20:15-20:19||Playing with FPGAs for fun and profit||user:RobotMan2412|
|20:20-20:24||Dutch Institute for Vulnerability Disclosure||user:Chrisha|
|20:25-20:29||team:Content update on the CfP for MCH2022||user:Crablab|
|20:30-20:34||The pilot just died. And you don’t want to||User:Taraxacum|
|20:35-20:39||Team volunteers||Bas Oort|
Dial In for speakers wanting to present remotely: https://meet.ffmuc.net/mch2022-orga-weekend-lightningtalks-dialin
Dinner on Friday the 3rd
On Friday, you're welcome to make or order your own food. We're also doing one big delivery order at a local restaurant (San Mario's in Zeewolde) for anyone who wants to join. We've made a small selection of their menu to keep the order manageable.
Important: unlike the BBQ on Saturday, this order is on your own costs. The vegetarian options at the restaurant are not vegan, as they contain cheese or cream sauce.
Steps for joining in:
- Wire the cost of your item to Tom via https://bunq.me/MCHFriday (you don't need a Bunq account to use this - credit/debit card is fine)
- Add your name in the table below.
|Food||Cost||Who wants one? (multiple names with commas in between)|
|Pizza pepperoni||€8.50||user:Sophie (no bunq account available, will pay cash on site), user:RobotMan2412, user:AK47|
|Pizza artichoke (vegetarian)||€9.00||Coco|
|Pizza shawarma||€10.00||user:QuotenHollander (no bunq), user:RobotMan2412, user:Crablab, user:sirgoofy (no bunq, will pay cash), user:Wheeze_NL, user:Spookje, You?||Tagliatelle salmon||€12.00||Mack, Kirils(cash), Stitch|
|Tagliatelle spinach (vegetarian)||€10.00||You?|
|Penne al pesto (vegetarian)||€10.00||You?|
Sign up by adding your name to this list. Please specify if you stay the night and if there are important dietary requirements. The maximum number of participants for the BBQ is N+1, closing date for signing up is not determined yet. Do not bank on spare spots please :)
If you did not sign up for the BBQ, you are still very much welcome to come (we hope you do!), just make sure you bring some ready-to-eat food. :) The caterer is sending a cook who will be working according to hygiene standards, please don't ask the cook to prepare food you brought from home (unless it's because of dietary restrictions).
The BBQ will take place on the 4th!
Below information auto-updates depending on the attendees that are signed up in the above list.
- Team:Accessibility: 0
- Team:Badge: 1
- Team:Board: 0
- Team:Clothing production: 0
- Team:Cohesion: 0
- Team:ColourMyMCH: 0
- Team:Content: 1
- Team:Deco: 3
- Team:Family: 2
- Team:Finance: 1
- Team:Fire: 0
- Team:First-AID: 2
- Team:Heralds: 1
- Team:Horeca: 2
- Team:Huisstijl: 0
- Team:Info: 1
- Team:Lighting: 0
- Team:Moebelhaus: 0
- Team:Music: 2
- Team:NOC: 4
- Team:Off-site transportation: 0
- Team:On-site transportation: 3
- Team:POC: 6
- Team:POC/Fieldphone: 0
- Team:Partytent: 0
- Team:Permits: 0
- Team:Power: 5
- Team:Press: 1
- Team:Productiehuis: 3
- Team:Projectleiding: 6
- Team:Promo: 0
- Team:ROC: 0
- Team:Safe Harbour: 0
- Team:Security: 0
- Team:Shuttle: 0
- Team:Speaker Desk: 2
- Team:Sponsors: 0
- Team:Sysadmin: 1
- Team:Terrain: 1
- Team:Ticket & Entrance: 0
- Team:Villages: 1
- Team:Volunteers: 1
- Team:Warehouse: 0
- Team:Waste: 0
Location, getting there, parking
Scoutinglandgoed Zeewolde, Nulderpad 5, 3896LV, Zeewolde, The Netherlands
- Sleeping tent to stay the night
- Face masks and other gear where applicable
Extensive directions and public transport will be roughly the same as in 2017. Do note that public transport options might have changed. Be sure to check!
Parking & location on the field
Note: the location on the field has changed! See below map:
If you need scalability in your maps: https://scoutinglandgoed.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/SLZ_kaartA3_2020-2.pdf
- Some image link here
- And here...