|Will somebody think of the children !!1|
|1st line contacts:||Haakjes, Sim, fhp|
|Is an exclusive team:||No|
|Contact at projectleiding:||Boekenwuurm|
|Backup Contact at projectleiding:|
This page is part of the Team:Family of MCH2022. Feel free to look around.
MCH2022 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help and make the FamilyZone awesome, please join the team or organize a project. If you want to help at the event, please participate as an angel.
Our purpose is to make MCH2022 an awesome experience for the next generation of hackers, and their nerdy parents. In previous events we were known as the
Family Village, but this also caused confusion about the status of Team Family. The geographical area previously known as the Family Village was just one part of that. In order to avoid this confusion we're designating this area the Family Zone.
You are welcome to join the Team:Family and make MCH2022 an awesome experience for the next generation of hackers, and their nerdy parents.
Team organizing the SHA2017 family village has written a letter for us with the lessons learned : , It is also attached to the wiki File:Letter-to-future-team-family.pdf
Yes, you can join this team! Having kids, or experience in dealing with them is preferred, but certainly not required. It doesn't have to be a lot of work, even just brainstorming during the meetings or on IRC is really appreciated!
Connecting with us
If you want to be informed about our plans, or even just planning to visit MCH2022 with your kids, subscribe to the mailinglist. You can also join us on IRC (#mch2022-family on irc.oftc.net). If you are not used to IRC, you can follow the following Matrix instructions to easily use IRC on your phone or it in your browser.
- 2020-12-29 21:00
- 2021-02-02 20:00
- 2021-12-16 20:00
- 2022-02-02 20:00
- 2022-03-09 20:00
- 2022-04-06 20:30
- 2022-05-03 20:00
- 2022-06-01 20:00
- 2022-06-14 20:00
- 2022-06-27 20:00
- 2022-07-06 20:00
- 2022-07-14 20:00
- 2022-07-19 20:00
- 2022-07-21 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
- 2022-07-22 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
- 2022-07-23 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
- 2022-07-24 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
- 2022-07-25 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
- 2022-07-26 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
- 2022-07-27 10:15 (On-site: before workshop tent)
Changes to SHA2017 Family Village
No kids <12 allowed during buildup and tear-down phase, most likely up to day -2, and from post event day + 1, exact days TBA. Safety risks are simply too high.Dropped because there are scouts on the field anyway. Location of the Family Zone is back to the originally planned location
- Professional, externally hired daycare has been arranged! Huzzah!
- We drop the name "Family Village", the team is called "Team Family" and the area is called "Family Zone"
We have two big tents in the Family Zone: the workshop tent and the play tent.
We could use these supplies. If you can bring them, please add your name to the list!
- Water cooker (User:Fhp) (User:DaTucker)
- Old sheets or curtains for Team:Family/Bamboestiek
- Old (but clean) pluche-toys for Team:Family/Pluch-toy pool (User:Fhp two boxes)
If you need volunteers for family projects please contact Pikachu and/or Sim on IRC so we can schedule shifts for it!
Add project - Refresh this list
If you are able and want bring something to the event you can list it here.
- Fhp will bring a watercooker for the play tent.
- Fhp will bring a bunch (~20) of (older) chromebooks for the workshop tent.