This page is part of the Team:Family of MCH2022. Feel free to look around.
MCH2022 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help and make the FamilyZone awesome, please join the team or organize a project. If you want to help at the event, please participate as an angel.
Team Deco tells us that there is a great area south our of the Family Zone to set up a bunch of hammocks:
team deco has a plan for an hammock area, which should be relatively cheap (10 euro per hammock), but they do not have the time/capacity to organize this area.
During the last field day. Redlizard and I were walking on the path at the back end of the Family area and noticed the field on the other end of the path, which has a bunch of trees at convenient distances. This could easily be converted into a hammock area with some interesting lighting. It’s a pretty small and cheapish project ( see: https://www.lidl.nl/p/rocktrail-hangmat/p100345191 ) but not really a Deco project and we have our hands full as it is. Are y’all interested in doing this?
Aimed at kids aged 10-15.
Add a white sheet and a beamer?
- Need to get power
- DONE: 10 hammocks €144 (bol.com: hangmat)
- DONE: Projector screen €20 (bol.com: groot projectorscherm 100 inch)
- DONE: Beamer
- Laptop to play movies from
- Stitch1 will provide a beamer + an IKEA container to keep it dry
- Ronald from OSSO will bring a white screen
- tuatha will bring the hammocks
- All materials are arranged / purchased
- TODO: figure out what connectors are on the beamer
- TODO: figure out where we get a laptop from to connect
- All materials will be brought to the field by people traveling in
- tuatha will bring the hammocks - Stitch1 will bring the beamer - Ronald will bring the white screen - Rope is on the shopping list - Various people are bringing an extension cord: ~50m should be enough - Laptop still needs to be sorted
- We will need about 2 people to build this up (tuatha is one of them)
- Skills needed: Rope tying / knots
- Buildup will take ~2 hours, rope will be needed to connect the hammocks to the trees
- Location is to the south of the family field where there are a lot of trees: https://i.ibb.co/0DPWvN5/bomen.png
- We will need to find a good spot to hang the white screen from
- Bring a knife to cut the rope
- We have 10 hammocks, so will need enough trees to hang these from
- Taking care of safety, the hammocks should not fall down when somebody sits on them - Hammocks need to have easy visibility of the white screen
- Connect the extension cord to a power socket in one of the tents and roll it out to the location. We need at least 2 power sockets on the field (beamer + laptop).
- The hammocks can be given away
- The beamer needs to be given back to Stitch1
- The extension cord is to be given back to whomever provided it
- The white screen needs to be returned to Ronald
- The rope can be thrown away
- 1 volunteer can break this down
- Teardown will take ~1h
- Bring a knife to cut the rope if needed