|Date and Time||Monday at 10:00 and 17:00|
This page is part of the Team:Family of MCH2022. Feel free to look around.
MCH2022 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help and make the FamilyZone awesome, please join the team or organize a project. If you want to help at the event, please participate as an angel.
Pizza day! What is a hacker camp without a good pizza ? And the best pizza is one you make yourself.
In this workshop a team of kid and a parent will make pizza together. Making the dough from scratch, making the pizza, baking it, and finally devouring it.
This is very hands-on workshop. Come with clean hands and get them dirty while kneeding the dough.
We have capacity for 50 pizzas, 25 teams of kid & parent. You will work together with other kids/parents on the dough.
10:00 Dough preparation . This will take about one hour
17:00 Pizza time! We will prepare the toppings, make the pizza, bake it and eat it. This will take 1-2 hours.
We provide several toppings: mozzarella, salami and italian herbs. If you'd like to add extra toppings to your pizza, please bring them with you.
Howto: Dough preparation
- Clean Ikea containers (rinse out with water) (angel)
- Weigh all components per container: dough, yeast, salt (Ralf)
- Fill Jerrycans with water (angel)
Equipment needed: containers, scales, jerrycans
Howto: Dough making
- Weigh water per container (Ralf)
- Make dough with participants
Equipment needed: scale, jerrycans
Howto: Ball making
- Slice dough into balls, form balls (Ralf, maybe + angels)
Equipment needed: slicer (Ralf)
Howto: Baking prep
- Get pizza boxes (Ralf)
- Get ovens ready (Ralf & C4lc)
- Get toppings into fridge FamilyZone (Ralf)
Equipment needed: Two tables, Ooni ovens, gas bottles and hoses
Howto: buildup baking
- Prepare toppings by kids and parents
- Prepare tomatosauce by kids and parents
- Prepare pizza boxes by kids and parents
- Pre-heat oven: Ralf & C4lc
Equipment needed: bowls for sauce & mozzarella toppings
- Clean-up workshop area with cleaning materials ( angels ? )
- Remove oven and gas tank from area (Ralf / C4lc / fhp )
- Remove trash from site ( angels ? )
Who will provide them, and when?
- Pizza ovens: Ralf & C4lc
- Pizza peels and equipment: Ralf & C4lc
- Gas hose: Ralf & C4lc
- Gastank: Ralf & fhp
- Pizza boxes to use as transport and dish: Ralf
- Slicer: Ralf
- Jerrycan for water: FamilyZone
Based on 50 pizzas and some spillage:
- Gastank: "donated" : 0 EUR
- Storage containers: / Ikea Samla, 7 EUR : 70 EUR for 10 boxes
- Cleaning materials: 50 EUR ( including extra trashcan bags )
- Pizzaboxes: 50 EUR (estimated, prices vary wildly)
- Pizzadough materials: 40 EUR
- Tomatoes canned: 25 EUR
- Herbs: 10 EUR
- Mozzarella: 50 EUR
- Fresh basilicum: 10 EUR
- Salami: 50 EUR
Total: 355 EUR
Requested budget: 400 EUR ( for unforeseen costs )
- Dough materials received
- Canned tomatoes received
- Toppings received and cooled
- Samla boxes on shopping list
- In progress: buildup & teardown plan in more detail
- TODO: Registration form