Team:Family/meeting 2022-03-09

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Team:Family/meeting 2022-03-09
Name MCH2022 Team:Family meeting
StartDate 2022/03/09 20:00:00
EndDate 2022/03/09 22:00:00


This page is part of the Team:Family of MCH2022. Feel free to look around.

MCH2022 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help and make the FamilyZone awesome, please join the team or organize a project. If you want to help at the event, please participate as an angel.

Current attendance estimate

Based on

   Conference attendance: 1450
   Kids > 2006 (<16 y/o): 40
   Kids > 2010 (<12 y/o): 52
   Kids > 2016 (<6 y/o): 34
   Total kids: 126 / 9%
   Total expected conference: 3500 Total expected kids (9%): 315

Go/No Go

At 2022-03-06: "Projectleiding was unanimous in their decision: MCH2022 is a go!

We deliberated carefully and considered many factors, but we believe the remaining risks have been properly mitigated and we all feel confident giving the ‘continue’ signal. Thank you all for bearing with us on the bumpy road towards MCH2021 first, and MCH2022 now!

You can read more about how we got to this decision here:

In these times of turmoil, it feels good to be able to focus on this wonderful event and community. We hope to see all of you in the following months!"


Status last meeting: "Discussed we should check with team terrain for Torvalds (during meeting invited Ruud from Terrain to join) and the 2 tents (have been reserved, exact form factor will be a surprise) Torvalds or Turing (backroad to Wilson not in use), dependant on logistic possibilities mostly. Maybe bar/party at Lamarr To be determined at a future date when other teams made their plans"

Incoming mail PL

"It has been some time since we last spoke. I was wondering if we can have a meeting sometime soon, to see what the plans are and if we perhaps should start taking some action on these possible plans.

With the expected summer activities, loads of rental material should be arranged preferably sooner than later. For context, it seems IFCAT secured the last sanitation blocks in the country for our date.

Also, if tents and chairs are needed for the family village, the moebelhous shop for teams and villages opens on Friday. Some items are limited, so if family village needs that, some speed might be required."

TODO: Order chairs and tables --> [Sim] sent mail (2022-03-01) to moebelhous to inquire about this, no answer so far --> redirected to --> mail sent to manduca on mar 9th ordering is based on boels, but no free choice, so communicate

Open TODO's last meeting

TODO: we should contact team productiehuis to figure out AV possibilities: last time we used a big TV and a set of speakers + microphone --> stef wil contact for a big screen, speakers and microphone

TODO: [Sim]: contact team content to let them know there will be a workshop tent at Family Zone, and if they have talks/workshops that are a good plan for Family Zone, than this is an option. TODO: [Sim]: (for later): contact team content to figure out how to get content in the official program --> [Sim] contacted Martian. CfP has closed, evaluation of submissions is now in progress

TODO: Create blog posting that is also an email for all parents: With: help us organize, create plans, create workshops --> haakjes will start this and ask for input from the rest of the team TODO: Create blog about the vacation schedule, integrate expectation management here as well --> haakjes will incorporate this with the blog posting

Big things to order

  • Zandbak, ballenbak, springkussen(s, voor klein en groot) -> bestellen/plannen
  • Contacten kinderopvang refreshen

Next meetings

Next meetings will be on alternating days so if people have specific blocking days this does not exclude them:

  • April 6th, 20:00
  • Mei 3rd, 20:00
  • June 1st, 20:00
  • June 14th, 20:00
  • Juli 6th, 20:00
  • Juli 19th, 20:00