Team:Family/meeting 2022-06-14

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Team:Family/meeting 2022-06-14
Name MCH2022 Team:Family meeting
StartDate 2022/06/14 20:00:00
EndDate 2022/06/14 21:00:00
Where https://meet.speakup.nl/mch2022family

 

This page is part of the Team:Family of MCH2022. Feel free to look around.

MCH2022 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help and make the FamilyZone awesome, please join the team or organize a project. If you want to help at the event, please participate as an angel.

Welcome

Great to see many new faces! FamilyZone is starting to take shape.

Estimated attendance update

Current attendance estimate Based on https://grafana.mch2022.org

  Conference attendance: 2395
  Kids > 2006 (<16 y/o): 56
  Kids > 2010 (<12 y/o): 79
  Kids > 2016 (<6 y/o): 56
  Total kids: 191 / 7.9%
  Total expected conference: 2800 Total expected kids (7.9%): 223

Terrain location

https://map.mch2022.org

  • DONE: move the CTF tent (if they actually participate) -> Haakjes will send email to team terrain
    • TODO: No response yet, how to proceed? -> We move it to the next meeting

AV equipment

  • DONE: we should contact team productiehuis to figure out AV possibilities: last time we used a big TV and a set of speakers + microphone --> stef wil contact for a big screen, speakers and microphone

No news so far, we keep it on the list so we do not forget about this.

  • TODO: fhp ask what to expect, and what it is going to cost

Child care

  • TODO: parkeerruimte voor 2 auto's regelen -> fhp
  • TODO add as project to main wiki (also to keep track at buildup/teardown)

Projects

  • Ball pits, Bouncy castles, Large Lego Blocks are ordered
    • TODO: Add as project to wiki
  • Sand pit is (probably) ordered
    • TODO: Add as project to wiki
  • Bamboestiek (placeholder project, may or may not be picked up if a volunteer steps up)
  • Inflatable fun land
  • MozzarellaCrustHerbs
  • Pluch-toy pool
    • Open call for pluche toys (please wash beforehand)
    • no rainy weather plan, so arrange this in-door or party tent?
  • Waterguns
    • idea suggested to add clothing-safe coloring (so we can set up teams)
    • maybe sponges or similar as 'grenades'

Fencing

discussion about amount of needed fencing - unlike sha, most water is more remote, no need to fence it off - only on-field for the inflatableland etc. about 50-60m should do - inside the tent to separate childcare, approx. 10m conclusion: 60-70m should do! Warehouse informed us: Van Cranenbroek has them for approx 12,50 per 20m (excluding poles/caps) TODO: get this stuff

Talks / Workshops

Creating kid-friendly content:

""" As you may have noticed there is currently one track in the MCH2022 programme labeled MCH2022 Curated Content. However, if you want your village content included in it, we can create additional tracks with appropriate labels in it, as well as include your village stage in it.

If you want to do so there are a few requirements:

  • You have to do all the data entry of your speakers and their proposals in PretalX (our conference management system) yourself. Mails with "our village programme is in this wiki", or even worse: "here's a google doc with our programme, pls include, okthxbye" will be ignored.
  • We may be unable to allow you to schedule within PretalX (it's built for different workflows than this one), but are willing to schedule according to your wishes provided that the above data entry is done yourselves.
  • We may ask you for space on your stage in case we need some overflow stages for workshops. By the looks of it, this is unlikely to be necessary since we have three large workshop tents already.
  • We do need points-of-contact for giving you PretalX accounts, and mail will be the communications channel.

Hit us up at content@mch2022.org if you want this to happen for your village stage. """

  • TODO: Haakjes will add a wiki page
  • TODO: Coordinate with team:content regarding Village content in the MCH2022 programme: Sim and haakjes to coordinate and get content schedule integrated

Possible topics:

  • Discuss whether there's interest with having someone from the Hardware Hacking Area give a workshop or kid-friendly tours. Mitch Altman added Mike to the HHA Matrix chat
  • Minecraft server for kids
  • 'Create your own dough monster with lights for eyes!' workshop on hamilton field (also referred from FamZone) See https://program.mch2022.org/mch2021-2020/talk/J8DVMN/
  • hardware hacking workshop for kids?
  • introducing kids to ham radio?
  • or in general: ask villages if we can pick a time to visit with interested kids
    • TODO Sim and Haakjes to email villages list about this
  • Card games/Board Games
  • Frisbees

Increasing team size

  • UPDATE: We should follow up on the angel system, to allow for shifts and such -> [Sim] / Pikachu
  • DONE: We should promote the bi-weekly meeting (irc, twitter, wiki, mailinglist)
  • DONE: We can send a targetted email to children tickets. Send the contents of the email to team ticket and they can probably send it to all the children tickets. -> [Sim]

Wiki

  • DONE: Update the planning to have a clear overview of what is left to organize -> DONE for haakjes for the next meeting

Task list was looked over on item by item basis. Looks like we have our bases covered. We'll keep an eye on it as we move along. TODO: keep an eye out if Info is planning to produce a booklet, if nessecary we will supply content. However, we have not seen any activity that hints to this.

Camper for families

Question on irc about Camper area and how family friendly that area is (i.e. low noise). Unfortunately the camper area's are already assigned and they don't seem particularly quiet. We don't have much room to push for a family zone section, but if someone with a camper wants to pick this topic up, thats fine.

No kids during buildup and teardown

Do we actually know when heavy buildup and teardown happens? We could add this to our communication, but team safety should probably communicatie this generally since we do no reach all particapants with kids. TODO: communicate with safety that we *must* have a date safe to go so we (and they!) can communicate this properly

Incoming mail

Mail from Mike

  • In-Progress: Align with team volunteers (ask Sebastius) regarding the food vouchers for angel shifts [Pikachu]
    • DONE: Align with team projectleiding (ask Boekenwuurm) regarding who is considered orga (and can eat), specifically asking for spouses + kids [Pikachu] -> Outcome: spouses/kids not eligable for voucher if only primary person did a shift. Perhaps more clarity from tomorrow's main orga meet? Pikachu will try to attend ([Sim] unsure)
    • TODO: unclear if foodvoucher are date-fixed? [Pikachu]

Mail from VPRO

(After some back and forth discussion)

We zetten onze research zelf graag voort in de zoektocht naar kids die naar MCH gaan met hun ouders, maar mocht het mogelijk zijn onze oproep daarvoor via Twitter mede te delen, dan zou dat te gek zijn en hopelijk helpen. Zie je daar mogelijkheden voor?

Specifiek: voor het VPRO Jeugd programma De Dikke data Show voor NPO Zapp, komen we graag in contact met kinderen (9-13 jaar) die met hun ouders naar MCH gaan en die we op MCH mogen spreken over hun interesse in hacken. Bij interesse kan er door ouders contact opgenomen worden via jeugd@vpro.nl.

Naar jullie toe: in dat geval zou het inhouden dat we inderdaad op MCH zouden willen filmen. In het ideale geval vinden bijv. 2 kids die we mogen interviewen en waarmee we het terrein op gaan, terwijl ze iets gaan doen (workshop, activiteit). Onze presentator Quinty gaat dan met ze mee, en interviewt ze ondertussen over hun interesse in hacken.

Liefste draaien we een scene waarin iets gebeurd, om te voorkomen dat het enkel talking heads zijn.

TODO: Sim will translate and provide for twitter TODO: Sim will reply to VPRO and keep press in the look so VPRO knows who to reach out to, provided they find some candidates.

Mail / Request regarding hammock area

Also asked during the orga meeting (by Moem) today: team deco has a plan for an hammock area, which should be relatively cheap (10 euro per hammock), but they do not have the time/capacity to organize this area.

> During the last field day. Redlizard and I were walking on the path at the back end of the Family area and noticed the field on the other end of the path, which has a bunch of trees at convenient distances. This could easily be converted into a hammock area with some interesting lighting. It's a pretty small and cheapish project ( see: https://www.lidl.nl/p/rocktrail-hangmat/p100345191 ) but not really a Deco project and we have our hands full as it is. Are y'all interested in doing this?

Location: https://i.ibb.co/0DPWvN5/bomen.png

Aimed at kids aged 10-15. Add a white sheet and a beamer?

  • TODO: Put it as possible project on the page and revisit this in a next meeting -> fhp

mail team:security

  • TODO: talk to team safety regarding what to do when there are complains.
  • missing children protocol
  • TODO: take the missing children protocol of last time and put it on the wiki, and we'll discuss team safety and we'll also use this during the drill (suggested time: same as last time, the night before the actual start of the event).
  • TODO: ask team safety for their plan (Boekenwuurm). Based on this, we'll see if we do a separate meeting with team safety, or discuss during build-up.

mail from stitch: Blogpost about the family village

  • TODO: Followup post to be done shortly, when project list updated 'FamilyZone' getting up to speed or smth.

Frank Stäter: Free stuff for kids

  • TODO Followup inquiry by Pikachu

team:power: [mch2022-orga] Power: Count your devices with 400V plug asap

Since power is more limited this time due to the infra we use, we need all the info we can get to get our plan in order. WE NEED THIS YESTERDAY!!! We already asked a few times, some teams have responded already, many have not. If you are neglecting this, we might not be able to support your needs during the event.

For every device that has a 400V (red) CEE plug, we need some info. For villages that need to power large devices like pizza ovens or a lot of waffle irons, the same applies. Placement of those villages needs to be done in collaboration with us to prevent outages and disappointment!

To make it easier, we prepared a sheet you can use to fill in your requirements: https://ralphw.stackstorage.com/s/power_for_teams Please use that!

We don't have any need for 400V.

team:volunteers: [mch2022-orga] Making Camp Happen: Angel Types, Shift Types, Shifts. We need your help!

Is already on radar with Pikachu and Sim

Roundup

  • Looks like the people we had in todays meet have ages 6-16 covered.
  • Yes, you can just show up and put your tent on FamilyZone, but giving a heads up by simply setting your Village to Village:FamilyZone in your personal Wiki page is cool!