|Our first task is to get the village registration up and running. However, many conditions are still to be clarified (e.g. rules about cooking within a village, etc.). All necessary info relevant for villages must be gathered, and provided to villages in advance, making sure villages will be able to comply with potential rules. Shortly before the event, villages will have to be placed on the map, depending on their needs, and camp requirements.
On the event itself, the arriving villages must be coordinated. The same applies to teardown.
|1st line contacts:||Konmei|
|Is an exclusive team:||No|
|Contact at projectleiding:||Boekenwuurm|
|Backup Contact at projectleiding:|
!! Important for Villages !!
FAQ and most recent information: Villages-FAQ.
From the Roles page:
- Help villages (self-organized sub-events and/or people camping together) establish their presence
- Write instructions for villages on how and where to send special requests (e.g. Power, NOC, On-Site), and how to integrate their village with the main event
- Coordinate/plan which village goes where
- Seek out villages with incomplete or vague wiki pages and encourage them to add more concrete information
- Check whether villages adhere to imposed restrictions
- Publish village locations on the map once this stabilizes
- Preempt possible nuisance issues (e.g. loud music) and communicate and design accordingly
- Be infodesk-like, but for village-specific needs.
- Coordinate/plan needed resources and interfaces
This is our ToDo list in which you can track the actions and their status.
|Define Angels / shifts||Bike angels needed to guide people for build-up on the terrain. Detailed description as in mail.||Confirmation to be received (W) - Mail sent. Update expected early june.|
|Define Food||Angels work better when they are not hungry. The number of meals depends on the number of assigned Angels.||Confirmation to be received (W) - Mail sent. Update expected early june.|
|Order bikes||Bike Angels will ride to hell and back but do need bikes for the build-up and tear down as they lead the way on the terrain and we also need bikes for the team to coordinate.||Confirmation to be received (W) - Mail sent. Update expected early june.|
|Order walky-talky||Instead of shouting up and down the field at the top of our lungs all day, walkie-talkies would be more than welcome.||Confirmed, spreadsheet up to date.|
|Order phones||POC: done, team DECT call is via VILL (8455)||Confirmed, 2 DECT phones ordered|
|Finish planning||Straighten the timelines on the wiki, and fine-tune and finalize the pages.||Done. Timelines and pages on the wiki are fine-tuned and straightened.|
|Finish role description||Finalize the page Roles and it's linked role page for villages||Done. Role:Village : ok; Role:Village rental services belongs to Team:Moebelhaus (K)|
|Check clusters in Wiki||Cluster function in wiki is not working as aspected||Done (W) - Repaired! See: https://wiki.mch2022.org/Clusters|
|Write blog post||Show what is going on.||Done (K) https://pad.hackalot.nl/villages-ad|
Much to do, we still have.
- Traffic control/gatekeeping: responsibility? Night shifts covered? : awaiting feedback orga / team:terrain
- "on-site logistic" of people + stuff from parking - responsibility?
- Dish washers - responsibility?
- Distribution of rented stuff - whom to contact?
- Organizational questions
- Amount of vehicles allowed onsite per area: awaiting feedback orga / team:terrain
- Materials needed for marking areas on the field, routes, etc.
- Noisy area will be on Lamarr field
This is our Timeline in which you can track the actions and their status.
|Village registration||CLOSED||Villages can register - new registrations are not considered after 4.07.2022. Please contact us via mail, if you have not registerd in time.|
|Review registrations and special needs||Done.||We can run reports and contact villages if there is reason to do so.|
|Set "preferred location" on village page - deadline 30.6.||CLOSED||No guarantee that the village will be placed at this spot, but we will do our best.|
|1st of July: place villages||Done.||The ease and quality of arranging the villages strongly depend on the quality and completeness of the information from the village registration form as provided by the villages.|
|Finalize handout, passing permits (print)||Done||Color coding|
|day -2: check field, routes, etc. for village guidance||Done||make sure all village places are accessible|
|Buildup / teardown timeline||Done, some points to be clarified.||See below.|
This is our Capacity Planning in which you can track the planned capacity as of Q2 2022 and communicated to Team:Volunteers.
|Day||Date||Weekday||Crew||(Bike) Angels||Food (Crew)||Food (Angels)||Radios (Crew only)||DECT|
|-3||18-07-2022||Mon||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||5||2|
|-2||19-07-2022||Tue||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||5||2|
|-1||20-07-2022||Wed||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift (ca. 5 shifts à 2 hours)||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift||5||2|
|0||21-07-2022||Thu||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift (ca. 8 shifts à 2 hours)||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift||5||2|
|1||22-07-2022||Fri||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||5||2|
|2||23-07-2022||Sat||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||0||2|
|3||24-07-2022||Sun||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||0||2|
|4||25-07-2022||Mon||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||0||2|
|5||26-07-2022||Tue||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift (ca. 2 shifts à 2 hours)||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift||5||2|
|6||27-07-2022||Wed||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift (ca. 4 shifts à 2 hours)||3 to 5||8 to 12 angels per shift||5||2|
|7||28-07-2022||Thu||3 to 5||0||3 to 5||0||5||2|