This page is part of the organization of MCH2021. Feel free to look around and please note that information on pages such as the Main Page or Q&A is kept more up to date.
MCH2021 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help preparing the event, please join the orga by participating in a team. At the event, please participate as an angel.
Want to help?
MCH2022 is a "Do it Yourself" kind of event, matching the hacker spirit.
If you want to help, you can email email@example.com. If you don't know what you want to do, feel free to describe what you're good at, so we can find a good match.
Current vacancies for MCH2022
These are teams in need of team leads and team members. If you want to join / kickstart such a team, make sure Team:Projectleiding is notified (via the PL contact at that team, or if all else fails User:Stitch)
|Role / Team
- 1 extra person to help out budgeting and the checking out possibilities for a cashless event. It's all about the money, money, money.
- Contact us now: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 people for buildup coordination: managing supplier sequence and etc
- 1 person for teardown coordination: making sure everything is moved off the field in the correct order
- Plans / inspiration from previous events is available, but you can make something yourself if you want to.
- Teamlead needed!
- Help villages (self-organized sub-events and/or people camping together) establish their presence
- Write instructions for villages on how and where to send special requests (e.g. Power, NOC, On-Site), and how to integrate their village with the main event
- Coordinate/plan which village goes where
- Seek out villages with incomplete or vague wiki pages and encourage them to add more concrete information
- Check that villages adhere to imposed restrictions
- Publish village locations on the map once this stabilizes
- Preempt possible nuisance issues (e.g. loud music) and communicate and design accordingly
- Be infodesk-like, but for village specific needs.
- In total 3 team member vacancies, including team lead
- checkout Team:Accessibility
- you will analyze possible needs for accessibility
- you will get in touch with the specific teams to guarantee and improve accessibility
- Search for event food trucks (maybe contact also with the previous ones)
- Contact and ask for offers
- Together with map/terrain, plan their locations
- Together with finance/treasury make sure everything is up and running
- Booklet creator, for creating the print booklet with essential information to be handed out to all visitors
- 2 'Team Info members' to gather questions and answers, both before the event and during the event (as support for the infodesk angels)
- Estimate the numbers of toilets and showers necessary
- Determine locations for sanitation facilities
- Find out plumbing requirements
- Keep the facilities usable (e.g. clean) during the event (you hire people, no volunteers)
- Coding: For building the open source BenHiero
- HAM-licensed expert: For building the open source BenHiero
- Activity guidance (during event): Helps organising and creating the activities in the harbour
- Ferry Masters (during event): Is able to support the ferry
- Harbour Master (during event): responsible for overall functioning during event, makes weather predection, risk management calculations
- Water rescuer (during event): responsible for rescuing people when needed
- Provide tents, chairs, and tables for villages.
- Set prices and arrange pre-sales via the ticket shop
- Have a physical place where people can pick up and return the goods they have ordered
- Supervise that people only take what they paid for.
- Ask On-Site to deliver large orders directly to villages
- Provide garbage disposal facilities for crew and visitors
- Minimize the amount of inconvenience caused by trash
- Have garbage collected for disposal
- Provide instructions on how to deal with (specific kinds of) garbage
- Provide garbage bags for visitors (through entrance and info-desk)
- Handle communication with garbage disposal company
- Collect bottles from all around the campsite
- Sort bottles in crates
- Dispose of alien bottles (not sold at bar) properly
- Determine the layout for the visitor and crew parking lots
- Validate parking tickets
- Micro-manage people who are parking their cars, to optimize usage of the available space
- Provide optimized arrival and departure flows
- Provide temporary parking space (“K+R”) for people who are dropped off by friends, family, or taxi.
- Provide functional lighting so visitors can see where they’re going
- Ensure that sufficient lighting along emergency routes keeps working in case of power outages, including in tents that need it according to rules and regulations
Todo: automated vacancies
This is a list of vacancies for the MCH2021 organization. We're still in the process of gathering all Team Vacancies and adding them here, so the overview is not complete yet!