Timeline for village registration
Village registration is done. However, the form is still open, but we will not actively check for changes. If you need to change something on your wiki page after 09.07.2022, that we should be aware of, please let us know by mail! Placing has been finalized, you find you location on the map: https://map.mch2022.org
Timeline for village build-up / tear-down
- Please see the schedule below for a timeline of the event.
- Note that some facilities may not available from the beginning.
Please note: during build-up there will probably be a long line of waiting cars to get on the field. Please plan for that! Also, if camp with a caravan (which needs dedicated ticket) and cannot make it before Thursday, 21-07-2022 10pm CEST pleae notify us beforehand so we can find a solution!
|-1||Wednesday||20-07-2022||12:00||Access for villages (Buildup start).|
|12:00||Rented tents available.|
|12:00||Rented table / chairs are distributed by team:logistics|
|22:00||End of Buildup. No cars on field!|
|ca. 17:30||Access for villages (Teardown start).|
|17:30||Rented tent must be empty and clean.|
|17:30||Rented table / chairs are collected by team:logistics|
|12:00||Teardown end, visitors must have left!|
FAQ - Pre-information phase
What is a village?
A village is a group of people who want to camp together and more or less organize themselves. Sometimes a village also wants to organize or display sub-events or hackspaces/town halls for their village. Some villages might set up a small data center, hack-tent, fancy lights, workshop/talking place, etc.
What is a village not?
A cheap way for your company to advertise or recruit, at the event. If you want to support a village with goods or financially, that's okay, but try to limit your commercial or government presence at the event.
How do I get/make one?
Get organized, figure out how many people you want in your village, what you want to do in your village. How much space you need. etc. Then create a village page on the wiki ( https://wiki.mch2022.org/Form:Village ). If you have any questions about what is possible or if you want to do something big/special: Contact us.
I want to do something special! Now what?
Cool! We'd love to hear what you have in mind and what you need to do it. You will probably have to arrange most things yourself, but we can help you with placement, power, network, space, etc.
I want to use (radio) transmitters
If you're planning to have (radio) transmitters active at MCH2022 please contact Team Productiehuis productiehuis@lists.MCH2022.org with contact details and relevant transmitter data (frequency, purpose, location, etc).
Can we rent tents via you?
Yes, please check the link at https://wiki.mch2022.org/Villages, Moebelhaus shop will be open for villages between 11.02. and 22.04.2022. You can order chairs and tables without ordering a tent. Please contact us for a coresponding voucher.
Can we select a location for our village?
You can enter a preferred location on your village wiki page ("enter with form" and click on the map), where you want your village placed. Please note, that this is no guarantee, that your village will be placed there.
How does Village placement work?
- Villages select a preferred location and field. Please try to balance the 'usage' of each field.
- Please provide as much information as you can about your village into the Village-Form (click the 'edit with Form' button).
- On the 1st of July, the Team Villages will revisit the preferred location and move around Villages. The goal here is to meet as many constraints as possible.
- Villages forming Clusters will be placed next to each other where possible.
Since there will be a lot of conflicting requirements, we will move most villages around on the field. This can't be helped, since there will be contradicting constraints.
The village orga team will try to consider as much of your requirements as possible.
When will we know our final location?
Team:Villages will have a planning meeting on the first of July and will start placing the villages that are registered in the wiki by that day. We will do our bests to consider all the requirements for the individual villages and clusters. The result will be published as soon as possible.
We want to bring some heavy/bulky stuff for our village. Can we deliver right to the village location?
That depends. Driving is only allowed on paved roads. And access to the campsite will only be available before and after the event. Details on that will follow once we have decided how to handle that. In any case, please get in contact with us as soon as possible!
How is waste-disposal arranged?
- Regular event waste (trash-bags) can be disposed of, in one of the many bins around the fields.
- For larger items (not household trash): Please take home everything you bring to MCH2022. Bear in mind, that everything you leave behind will cost us valuable volunteer-time and money, which we could be spending on more fun stuff!
- Everything you bring to the camp has to be taken home again. No stuff can be left on the field (old couches, construction material, etc.). So keep that in mind when planning your village.
Is there any place for Campers?
There is a limited amount of tickets for campers. Please visit the ticket shop https://tickets.mch2022.org/ to buy a ticket.
FAQ - Preparation for the camp (week -4)
Heavy/bulky stuff / special vehicle access required?
- If you want to bring lots of large stuff and need vehicle access to the campground, please contact us.
This information is to the best of our knowledge (as of June 2022).
Timeline for village build-up / tear-down
- Please see the schedule above for a timeline of the event.
- Note that some facilities may not available from the beginning.
- The location of your village is published on the wiki. Please note: the lines on the map are an indication only, the reality might be a bit different.
- Please be nice to each other and align with your neighbors about space.
- Early buildup is possible, but access is restricted on the days before the event.
- Please plan your buildup, so you can do it in one day!
- Larger villages start at day -1. Please check the time table!
- No cars are allowed on the field during the event!
- Driving is only allowed on paved roads.
- A limited number of cars are allowed on the field at the same time, thus there might be a longer waiting line.
- Village Guidance Angels will guide you to your village location and back to the entrance, so please ensure a fast (un-)loading of your stuff.
During the Event - Important to know
- Unfortunately, we need to follow some regulations. Please take a look at the Camping Page for more details.
- Tear-down starts on day 5, after the last talks. For details, please check above time table. After 10pm CEST, there are no cars allowed on the field until the next morning at 6am CEST.
- Tear-down ends on day 6, please check the time table for details. At noon, all visitors must have left, only the volunteers/orga are allowed on the field.
- As soon as you are ready to leave (everything needs to be packed) take your car to the entrance, a Village Guidance Angel will take you on the field as soon as possible. Please note: there are only a limited number of cars allowed on the field at the same time.
- Please make sure you take everything with you that you brought!
- Please leave the place at least as clean as it was when you came!
Information about Specials
In the items below, you will find more detailed information about so called Specials.
Big tents need to be pre-registered for safety reasons (fire safety, escape routes, etc.). They also need to be fire-retardant according to NEN 6065 class II norm (equivalent DIN 4102-B1).
Big tents include for example:
- Hacktents / Kitchen tents / Lounge tents
- Sleeping tents for more than 5 persons.
- Tents larger than 25m2
The municipality fire department will do a safety check of the campsite. They might also check your tent. Make sure it complies with the regulation. The worst-case scenario is that they won't approve, and you have to take the tent down!
- Tents with more than 10 sleeping beds have to have a working fire alarm
- Per group of 25 persons a minimum of 1 foam fire extinguisher with a minimum capacity of 6 liters has to be present. Please bring foam and not powder extinguishers because of the potential collateral damage to electronic equipment if used.
- If a tent is (larger than 60m2) OR (more than 30 people average are present) OR (at a peek more than 50 people are present); An emergency exit sign with emergency lighting is required.
For the complete overview, check the wiki of team:Fire.
Campers need to have a ticket!
- A camper-ticket is not a parking ticket! It is intended only for campers/caravans and not for any kinds of cars/vans/busses/etc.
- You can't select the position of your vehicle on the terrain. That means you most likely won't be able to camp next to a specific village.
- Your tents are placed as aligned beforehand.
- Please leave them empty and clean after the event, details at the timetable above.
- Please do not damage those tents, the orga will pay a deposit for them. If you do something really stupid and damage the tent, we will ask you for monetary compensation.
Chairs and Tables
- Distribution: by team:logistics, please check timetable above.
- Collection: by team:logistics, please check timetable above.
- Vehicles that contribute to the event and will stay on the field must be pre-registered and need to be approved by team:villages in advance. You will get a special label for your vehicle and an angel will guide you to your location. Special vehicles ARE NOT ALLOWED to be moved during the event! If you are in doubt, please contact us.
- Cars are in general not allowed to drive over the grass, if you registered a trailer and are not placed near the road, please be aware that it needs to be pushed on the field manually (not by car). Since the ground is very soft grass, please make sure to bring enough woodden plates to put under your vehicle. We are not allowed to put any vehicles directly on the grass.
Further questions? / Contacts
- If there are any questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to have your workshops/meet-ups etc included in the official MCH2022 program: Village content in the MCH2022 programme
- Likewise, if your ambitions go further than workshops and you want to run your own stage, the Content team really would like to know who curates your content and if you would be willing to pick up proposals that the Content team does not consider a good fit for a large stage but more for a specific village stage. Team Content would also like to know if you are willing to host workshops related to the main MCH2022 program.
- If there is a need for audio/video equipment, please write to Team Productiehuis productiehuis@lists.MCH2022.org.