2020-09-26-Content-meeting-minutes

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting Minutes

Online 2020-09-26 17:00 - 18:00

Present

Absent with notice

Absent without notice

Agenda

As decided in the 2020-09-12 meeting:

The action points from the last meeting are shown at the topics they belong to below.

Administrivia

  • Notes?
  • Chair?
  • Any other topics?

Recap on action points

Walter to talk to C3VOC about remote participation

response from c3vok their answer was yes there will be a backup for remote participation. with emphasis on backup. let's check again 3/6 mths in advance.

Claudia check in with team info/communication on opportunities to publish blogposts

not possible yet, unless we mail them text.

Claudia draft a special topic blog on important of climate crisis in technical discussions

no, but we can all start blogging etc. we will postpone this untill next meeting. Claudia will have a draft before next meeting.

Finalize & approve the review proposal (as unified by Robin and Jeroen)

Change the language of suspensive veto - it's not the idea that any one member can veto or force a talk through without any discussion with the team. Other than that the review proposal approved, where the replaced text will be sent to the team before Tuesday lunch.

Once approved we will turn this into a blog post by adding some heading / intro text.

Pretalx default lenghts

Robin wonders if we picked the Pretalx default lenghts for things, it might not be right, and also ponder the formats a bit. CFP -> Submission Types

  • Short Talk / 30
  • Talk / 45
  • Workshop / 90
  • Lighting Talk / 5
  • Long Workshop / 180

Talk lengths including Q&A if wanted. - this needs to be made clear in pretalx as well. Robin will configure pretalx for this. A possiblility for speakers who really need a longer talk is for them to split up a talk into a short talk + talk, or 2x short talk, or 2x long talk, or combine a talk with a workshop

Finalize & approve the review proposal

Change the language of suspensive veto - it's not the idea that any one member can veto or force a talk through without any discussion with the team. Other than that the review proposal approved, where the replaced text will be sent to the team before Tuesday lunch.

Once approved we will turn this into a blog post by adding some heading / intro text.

Finalise stage names

Finalised. Send it on Walter.

Let's think of a Tardis equivalent in the future - for workshops undefined by time and space, eg a workshop given 5 times a day at some place on some field which we don't necessarily want to put on our own stage but do want to show in the program.

Status of submissions

we have looked at them. there are a few new ones

Status of Zammad

stasis. it's useable

Any Other Business

If you don't like the emails coming in as soon as a submission is entered into the system, filter it out yourself in your own mail.

Topics for next meeting

Action points:

  • draft special blog (Claudia)
  • finalise draft review proces (Robin)
  • submit stage names (Walter)
  • ask Coco for online publishing options (Claudia)

Topics

  • status submissions
  • status zammad
  • specific speakers we would like to invite
  • make a template to invite people as a speaker?

Next meeting time

10/10/2020 at 17:00 - 18:00