MCH2022 wil be held in Zeewolde, 55km east of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The camp location is called Scoutinglandgoed. It is the same location as for SHA2017.
- Scoutinglandgoed Zeewolde
- Nulderpad 5
- 3896LV, Zeewolde
- The Netherlands
- Coordinates: 52°17'03.9"N 5°31'18.5"E
How to get there
From highway A28
- Take exit 9 (Nijkerk, Zeewolde, Wells)
- Follow the exit from the N301 (Berencamperweg) to Zeewolde / Almere and go 2.5 km straight ahead
- After passing the Nijkerkersluis, leave the N301 on your right-hand side
- At the exit turn left, to the Erkemederweg
- Follow the Erkemederweg for 3.5 km and follow the bend, turn left at the Nulderpad
- After about 750 meters, the main entrance of Scouting Estate Zeewolde is on your right-hand side
Coming from Almere and Lelystad
Warning: Due to one-way roads during the event, this route contains a short detour! There will be signs to guide you.
- Follow the N305 (Gooiseweg) in the direction of Zeewolde
- Continue the way onto the N301 to Amersfoort
- After 5 km you'll see the MCH2022 traffic sign, turn right using the off-ramp to the N704 (erkemederweg)
- At the end of the off-ramp turn left and follow the erkermedeweg for 5km until it's a bit smaller and named Nulderpad.
- Keep following the Nulderpad until you arrive at the MCH2022 parking and terrain.
If you have free seats in your car or if you're looking for a driver, check the Carpooling page!
By camper or special vehicle
If you have a camper ticket, follow the signs for campers. After your ticket is verified, you will get the option to choose one of the three camper locations. Camper spots are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Campers cannot drive on and off the terrain during the camp, so make sure to do your shopping before you arrive.
If you have a pre(registered) special vehicle, follow the sign campers, after verification with someone from Team:Villages they will help you get to your spot. Special vehicles cannot drive on and off the terrain during the camp. Further information to be found here.
The field itself is hard to reach by public transportation, so a shuttle service will run from and to Nijkerk Centraal station.
Schiphol has a good train connection with the rest of the Netherlands. Take a train to Amersfoort, and transfer there to a train to Nijkerk. For more details, see here.
Plan your trip to Nijkerk. There are ways to get to the campsite from abroad. goeuro is an international public transportation planner that can help you.
But if all fails or you want to get around at hacker-incompatible times such as 7 AM, there is a public shuttle service called Connexxion.
From Monday to Friday bus 142 can take you near the terrain every hour from around 07:00 to 18:00. Stop at Nulderpad and walk about 500 meters down Nulderpad where you'll obviously see the entrance to MCH2022. (Nerds walking around might be a hint.)
- Live bus stop info: http://9292.nl/en/zeewolde/bushalte-nulderpad
- Live bus info: https://www.connexxion.nl/dienstregeling/halte?id=49590010&lijn=F142&dgCode=WK
It will be possible to go by boat to MCH2022. More information will follow soon. Contact Team:Safe_Harbour for urgent matters.
The Netherlands is regarded as being very bike-friendly. If you want to put it to a test or simply do not want to ride alone to the campsite, maybe you can find somebody here.
When you get here
Please park in the field designated by the signs. If you don't have a parking ticket, look for the angel with the scanner who may sell you one.
Then, please proceed to the entrance tent.
If you have a camper ticket follow the signs marked 'Camper'. You will be directed to temporary parking by the road. From there, you will make a short walk towards the Main Entrance. After verifying your ticket you will get the option to choose one of the camper locations, camper spots are first to come first serve.
By public transport, walking, or anything else
You'll find the ticket tent near the gate. Please queue up if there is a line and one of our team will scan your ticket, get you set up with your wrist band, and welcome you to the event.
Special Case: Minors
There are some requirements around identification and alcohol laws. If any single member of our team thinks you might be under 25 they will ask you for ID showing your birth date is after the 6th of August, 2002. If you do not oblige, or do not have ID, you will be assigned a minors wristband.
There is a limited list of valid proofs of identification for this purpose in the Netherlands:
* Passport * EER ID card (including dutch ID card) * Dutch Foreign Nationals Document (in Dutch: Nederlandse vreemdelingendocument) * European drivers license
These things are not valid proofs of identification:
* Expired documents that would otherwise be valid (expired passports) * Copies of valid documents * Random other cards, such as bank cards * Fake ID cards such as lichtbildausweis
If you are uncomfortable sharing your name with us you are permitted to cover the name on the ID during verification, but we need to see the picture.
Special case - Speakers
Please sign in at the speaker desk.
Special case - Animals
Only service animals are permitted.
Special case - Press
You should have enrolled via https://mch2022.org/#/Press. At entrance, you'll receive a press badge (a paper one) and be directed to Infodesk.