Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Guardians of Heaven!
|1st line contacts:||Sebastius|
|Is an exclusive team:||Yes|
|Contact at projectleiding:||Boekenwuurm|
|Backup Contact at projectleiding:||Stitch|
This page is part of the Team:Volunteers of MCH2022. Feel free to look around.
MCH2022 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help and "Make Camp Happen", please participate as an angel.
Todo rules during buildup
List will be updated regularly
- No kids <12 allowed during buildup and tear-down phase, most likely up to day -2, and from post event day + 1, exact days TBA. We will set strict zones that your child 12+ can stay in, if your child wanders out of that zone, you will be asked to leave the site until buildup/teardown is done. The site is literally a construction zone and children have no place there.
- When outside your sleeping quarters you will always wear a high-vis vest
Feel free to add stuff on our to-do list! We will do the same with yours :)
- Figure out way to hang/mount lights
- Figure out way to refill bottles on the field
- How to do volunteer management mainly during early buildup/teardown? Whiteboard? We need low-tech and 100% reliable.
- Connect with warehouse to align purchases, no use in driving twice for the same stuff.
- Connect with warehouse to get 'Deense Karren' for storage
- Figure out fun signage to lure people to heaven
- Arrange iron+ironing board for iron-on-patches. Needed from day0 of event until end of event
- Hole puncher to punch holes into angel badges
- Probably a LOT of extension cords for lights and other things
- Maybe some fun inflatable furniture for cheap?
- Plenty of hand sanitizer
- Plenty of sun-screen: https://www.action.com/nl-nl/p/zenova-zonnemelk-sensitive-/ and maybe https://www.action.com/nl-nl/p/zenova-aftersun-spray-/
- Cheap hats/shades for people who forgot?
From the Roles page:
- Recruit volunteers
- Optimize on-boarding experience
- Match volunteers to tasks and shifts:
- Provide teams that have things that need doing with people to do it
- Provide people with spare time with things to do
- Try to optimize fun and efficiency by directing people towards tasks that fit their skills
- Schedule volunteers and inform volunteers about what’s expected from them
- Provide basic life necessities to volunteers that help out for more than just a few hours, e.g. food and drinks.
- Express gratitude towards volunteers, e.g. by awarding goodies (t-shirts) and good food
- Manage volunteers on site from early build-up to late tear-down
- Schedule volunteer assignments according to priorities indicated by build-up, tear-down, and PL
- Help teams structure their volunteer shifts
- Keep a pool of volunteers available for unplanned ad-hoc tasks.