2020-11-28-Content-meeting-minutes

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting Minutes

Bold indicates action points

Online 2020-11-28 17:00 - 18:00

Present

Absent with notice

Absent without notice

Agenda

As decided in the 2020-11-14 meeting:

The action points from the last meeting are shown at the topics they belong to below.

Administrivia

  • Notes: Erik
  • Chair: Walter / Amelia
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting: Coco

Recap on action points

Get blog posts online (Claudia, Robin)

Robin: done. Claudia: wip.

Be more active on Team Content Twitter (Bert)

We should tweet more. Follower count increased.

Add at least 3 speakers you would like to see to the list in Zammad (All)

Robin: done. Aschwin: no. Bert: will add 2 more. Claudia: done. Amelia: no. Walter: done. Erik: no.

Zammad fields (All)

MCH2021-Content-Zammad-fields

RC3 (CCC remotely) has remote assemblies, and we can promote MCH there as the "next physical conference". (Erik)

We should tell the orga list so they know (and can join in) and team info as well. -> Erik Tews takes that task

Furniture requests (Kirils: Content/Speaker desk, Martian: ask Attilla workshop tents)

  • Robin taks care of that

Topics

Zammad fields

  • So far, so great

COVID-19 status (go/no-go)

  • No update available yet / unknown

Status of submissions

  • 24 submissions incoming
  • 2 new submissions since the previous meeting

Specific speakers we would like to invite

  • No specific speaker yet
  • Inviting speakers but not offering them reimbursementsfor their travel might sound odd for speakers who are not from our community
  • Be careful with the wording when we invite speakers but we don't have a budget for
 them
  • When a speaker asks for reimburstments:
  • Tell him that we will discuss that
  • Discuss it at the next content meeting
  • Then tell the speaker the results
  • Speakers are encouraged not to buy a (none-refundable) ticket yet since the event might still fail due to covid.
  • Claudia will contact Attilla and invite him to the content meeting

Finance procedures

  • Postponed

Terrain layout, email November 24 Ruud Koolen

  • Walter takes care of it

Blog posts

  • Robin will be our point of contact with team info about the blog posts

Any Other Business

Topics for next meeting

  • Erik gets the fields in pretalx done
  • Robin takes care of the furnite requests
  • Atilla might join for a discussion (invited by Claudia)
  • Finance procedures need to be discussed
  • Terrain layout catchup with Walter
  • Check the next blog posts again?
  • Academic content needs to be checked

Next meeting time

December 12th: 14:00-15:00