2020-12-12-Content-meeting-minutes

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting Minutes

Bold indicates action points

Online 2020-12-12 14:00 - 15:00

Present

Absent with notice

Absent without notice

Agenda

As decided in the 2020-11-28 meeting:

The action points from the last meeting are shown at the topics they belong to below.

Administrivia

  • Notes? Bert
  • Chair? Martian/Walter
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting: Coco, Claudia, Kirils

Recap on action points

Get blog post of Claudia online (Claudia, Robin)

Done.

Add at least 3 speakers you would like to see to the list in Zammad (All)

Finalise Zammad fields (Erik, Kirils)

MCH2021-Content-Zammad-fields

We need to track changes in budgets requested after talks have been accepted, in a daily cron job. We want to ensure that the speaker desk remains in Zammad, and speakers remain in Pretalx (as much as possible). This needs to be ready for August 2021.

RC3 (CCC remotely) has remote assemblies, and we can promote MCH there as the "next physical conference". (Erik)

We should tell the orga list so they know (and can join in). This has been done through team info, but it has not travelled wider yet. RC3 is between Christmas and New Year.

Furniture requests (Robin: update Content/Speaker desk)

It is done.

Invite Attilla to the Content meeting (Claudia)

Attilla is on holiday.

Terrain layout meeting with Ruud Koolen (Walter)

Walter prodded Ruud via mail and IRC, nothing happened.

Get fields in Pretalx done (Erik)

Fields have been added. We can send accepted speakers an email they could complete the new fields. Phone numbers, DECT numbers, those kinds of things.

Interim remarks on portophones

Last time they had very expensive digital radios, and people should bring their own("in theory"). We wonder if this is wise. We should ask team infra what their plans are for the porto infrastructure. Our hope is that we can all have one, and we don't care how.

Topics

Discussion about finances related to speakers if Attilla is available

Attilla is not available for this meeting. Maybe next year.

Submitting the proposal for subsidies

No update. Robin looked up some institutes & found out that applying is rather soul crushing work. Some details are on the mailing list. There is not a lot of enthusiasm for this work.

Walter will figure out which subsidies were substantial last time round, Bert will attempt to get one or more of the substantial places to fork over again. There is widespread consensus not to hunt for 400 euro subsidies.

"Stimuleringsfonds creatieve industrie", there is an email from november 30, 15:17 from Elger with details. Re: [Content] SHA subsidie en uitnodiging content meeting

Academic content needs to be checked

Postponed to next time.

Zammad fields

See above.

COVID-19 status (go/no-go)

There was a go/no-go meeting, result is "go" so far, at least until April/May.

Status of submissions

24 submissions. No recent new submissions.

Specific speakers we would like to invite

Some speakers were added. Start approaching multiple people please.

Finance procedures

Not useful without Attilla

Terrain layout, email November 24 Ruud Koolen update

See above

New blog posts?

We'd like to have something big, perhaps something controversial since this drives visitors.

We're going to discuss this on the mail list.

Any Other Business

Topics for next meeting

Next meeting time

Saturday January 9 17:00 - 18:00