2021-01-09-Content-meeting-minutes

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting Minutes

Bold indicates action points

Online 2021-01-09 17:00 - 18:00

Present

Absent with notice

Absent without notice

Agenda

As decided in the 2020-12-12 meeting:

The action points from the last meeting are shown at the topics they belong to below.

Administrivia

  • Notes? Martian
  • Chair? Walter
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting:

Recap on action points

Add at least 3 speakers you would like to see to the list in Zammad (All)

Re-invite Attilla to the Content meeting (Claudia)

Attilla can't attend this time.

Terrain layout meeting with Ruud Koolen (Walter)

Happened with Ruud, Kirils, Walter, Martian. Terrain proposal on next orga meeting, January 16 14:00.

Porto infrastructure, contact team infra (Martian)

Done, on going.

Which subsidies were substantial last time (Walter)

Walter send an email to Stitch and Attilla.

Try to get subsidy again (Bert)

Not started yet.

Topics

Extending the CfP deadline?

Will probably extend but not before the current deadline, extension period to be discussed.

COVID-19 status (go/no-go)

New mutations are found, more transmissable. Projectleiding is having this discussion, mixed opinions. We will wait for the decision of projectleiding. Can projectleiding do an intermediate update? (Coco) Ticket sales amount is similar to SHA at the moment.

Upgrade pretalx

Erik: there is a pretalx 2, it has functionality we want, upgrade is doable.

Ask sysadmin to do the upgrade (Erik)

Submitting the proposal for subsidies

Postponed.

RC3

Online, streaming experience was mixed, ddos happened.

We need backup for speakers who can't show up on site because of Covid.

Digital Labor was good according to Walter.

Kirils: meeting people you didn't speak for a long time was great.

Robin/Claudia: liked herald news show.

Erik: well was the world, streams saw problems, thinks can be fixed (maybe with closed source products).

Martian: followed some talks, some of them were a bad experience, maybe because of ddos. Difficult to find something in the world.

Walter: would like to copy: Q&A after the session not always with a lot of questions, maybe a short interview would work in that case.

Academic content needs to be checked

Uncertain because of go/no-go, not much done yet. Make a decision next meeting? Asking for funding might already be too late.

New blog posts?

Can we write a blog post about Covid scenarios? Bert will have a try.

Status of submissions

34. 3 weeks, 2 days until the CfP ends. Try to invite in your network.

Specific speakers we would like to invite

Zammad fields

With pretalx update it will go smoothly.

Any Other Business

Who is responsible for the tables/chairs/power cords/projectors/lighting/... in workshop tents? Terrain? Tents need to be dark enough and/or projectors good enough so they are usable. (Coco)

Brief team Content update on next orga meeting January 16 (Claudia/Martian)

Topics for next meeting

No new ones.

Next meeting time

23-1-2021 17:00 - 18:00 (CET)

Future topics

Finance procedures

When Attilla is available.

Demo new pretalx features in meeting after meeting January 23.