From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting Minutes

Bold indicates action points

Online 2021-01-23 17:00 - 18:00


Absent with notice

Absent without notice


As decided in the 2021-01-09 meeting:

The action points from the last meeting are shown at the topics they belong to below.


  • Notes: Coco
  • Chair: Bert
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting:

Topics with Attilla

Attilla's input on a "virtual event": Complete virtual event was never an option. Large tents still may be there but with limited deelnemers. Several additional smaller tents might be an option. Watching streams form their tents/villages might be an option (this would mean livestreaming is not optional but mandatory for the event, then again, not team contents concern).

Financial topics with Attilla

Amount of submissions still very low (currently 42) Question: Do we still need 3 big stages? Attilla: One tent more or less shouldn't be a problem. Concrete meeting with tentboer in March.

General question: How do we evaluate with # submissions and lower numbers of people/tent how many tents we need? -> No solution for now but can be re-evaluated in March when joining forces with productiehuis/Attilla/tentboer

What do we do with refunding speaker costs? If in April there is no chance the event can happen, it won't happen. So no promises for refunding speaker costs until then. Afterwards, will we be able to refund? We'll just need to be careful not to reimburse too much for too many speakers. Ask speakers to only apply for refundable tickets/accomodation and book late.

Finance procedures

Finance procedures from wiki do not apply to team contents. But speaker information that is needed is identical. TODO Attilla: provide a declaration form for speakers TODO Kirils: will design input for speakers

Attilla prefers all accountant-critical (receipts) info as bank transfers. Process: Speakerdesk checks within Zamad if all is filled out, goes to Finance, then updates Zamad again.

TODO Kirils: Make lists of things that are needed at speakerdesk (such as a printer). Setup list, document somewhere, send to Finance, cc Coco

COVID-19 status (go/no-go)

Attilla: Personally doubts that the event can happen. Orga consensus: Not cancelling yet anyhow. There's a breakpoint in April that we can wait for (since only little costs will be made prior to this point). Another breakpoint between now and April might follow. There's lots of opinions... It's a tough topic.

Ideas/suggestions from team contents members: Work together / help out other smaller events in the community if we cancel.

Not just a financial discussion but also depends on motivation of volunteers and if the event actual will be fun with extra measures.

Pretty much everyone's depressed now (correct if disagree). Claudia: Really worried about # speakers. Bert/Jos/Walter: If it goes through, the amount of submissions will increase quickly.

Team contents will remain calm and wait for new insights.

Also, first time team contents majority has doubts if the event can happen.

The government presented the scale model in november but it's a changing document which makes it uncertain. Also some information on government money for event support if event has to be cancelled due to covid. Needs more checking.

Presenting remote

To be discussed next meeting.

Submitting the proposal for subsidies

To be discussed next meeting.

Recap on action points

Re-invite Attilla to the Content meeting (Claudia)


Which subsidies were substantial last time (Walter)

Only the same one as we are looking into right now.

Try to get subsidy again (Bert)

To be discussed next meeting.

Ask sysadmin to do the upgrade of pretalx (Erik)

To be discussed next meeting.

Can we write a blog post about Covid scenarios? (Bert)

https://berthub.eu/articles/posts/covid-scenarios-and-a-short-break/ has some scenarios. Almost everything rides on the approval of the J&J and AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccines. If both disappoint, it is over. We'll know in 10 days or so.

Who is responsible for the tables/chairs/power cords/projectors/lighting/... in workshop tents? (Coco)

Tents need to be dark enough and/or projectors good enough so they are usable.

To be discussed next meeting.

Brief team Content update on next orga meeting January 16 (Claudia/Martian)

Martian presented the following:

We currently have 38 submissions, the previous orga meeting we had 25.

We see an increase in the submissions the last 2 weeks, which is what happens if we are getting closer to the deadline which is the end of this month.

We got multiple requests for a CfP deadline extension. This will not be done before the current deadline ends.

Unfortunately pretalx became unstable the last few days, thanks to Piele it's operational again since Thursday but today we noticed bad getway issues. Fortunately it didn't prevent a new submission today. We got multiple reports of people who couldn't submit so the amount could have been higher. During the meeting Piele also fixed the bad gateway issue.

We published a couple of blogs posts, have at least 1 in the pipe line and would welcome if other teams can also create blog posts to draw attention to the event and the CfP.

Covid uncertainty: the last team meeting was last Saturday. I noticed for the first time an increase of team members that are having doubts if the event can happen. We also see Covid uncertainty by approached speakers, they can't commit yet or say no.


Extending the CfP deadline?

Will do, will be discussed via email. Walter will write a blog post about it.

Academic content:go/no-go?

It's a no for now. If all just goes extremely well, a small-scale academic bit might happen. For now, no plans.

New blog posts?

Walter on extension of CfP

Status of submissions


Specific speakers we would like to invite

Upgrade pretalx

Zammad fields

Any Other Business

Topics for next meeting

Next meeting time

Feb 13th, 17.00-18.00 (This is three weeks from this meeting because we might have vaccination news then.)

Future topics

Demo new pretalx features in meeting after meeting January 23.