2022-04-23-Content-meeting

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting

Online 2022-04-23 17:00 - 18:00 CEST

Pad during the meeting, result in the minutes

Minutes

Agenda

As decided in the 2022-04-02 meeting

Administrivia

  • Notes?
  • Chair?
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting: Walter, Erik

Topics

Important dates

  • 24 April 16:00 - 18:00 CEST acceptance meeting
  • 1 May 16:00 - 18:00 CEST acceptance meeting
  • 14 May: orga field day, Zeewolde
  • Half of May: vote on submissions by visitors
  • 10-12 June: Schedule weekend, The Hague/Scheveningen

Announcements

Is everything important to us ordered/known by the team who orders?

Unconfirmed

  • benches etc. for stage and workshop tents (verify now we have 3 workshop tents):
  • lighting for the tents: not sure if it's included yet, Hugh: lighting of workshop tents and lighting for speaker/content
  • extensions cords/power for workshop tents: no Hugh: flag to PL
  • internet in workshop tents: yes, NOC have been emailed. Suggest follow up at Orga to confirm what they intend to provide.
  • stickers: emailed Bookworm

Confirmed (can be skipped, remove after this meeting)

  • 3 stage tents: yes
  • 3 workshop tents: yes
  • speaker desk tent 2 x 5 x 5: yes
  • audio/video equipment for stages and workshop tents: Team Productiehuis: yes
  • benches etc. for speaker desk tent: yes
  • other items for speaker desk tent: rental items, yes

Content

Status of submissions

XXX at the moment.

We should cluster them by topic area, so we can later balance the programme.

Contact speaker from Uganda as a Visa is required, what is needed to accept?

  • They have not got back to us about tents
  • Walter: no objections if they sleep on the terrain. Hotels are a more precious resource.
  • Tallying number of hotel rooms required
  • Erik: could be done in Zammad. Action: Erik to script something for this

No objections to accepting, nudging towards camping/sharing hotel room if possible.

Can we do different types of emails? We would like to, is that easily possible? [Erik]

Walter: mass emails to everyone to thank for submissions and notify them we are reviewing Actions: Walter to write the mail, Erik to send it

Is/are the acceptance emails correctly worded so that we can start accepting?

Action: Hugh to write by the 10th

What level of feedback do we provide to rejected submissions, if any?

Let's do the math how many slots we have to fill before the next meeting when the map is presented [Martian]

Day 1 last time:

  • 15:00 Heralds introduction
  • 16:00 Volunteer introduction
  • 17:00 Opening
  • 70 minutes between talks: first start 17:40, last start 23:30
  • room for 6 * 3 = 18 50 minute stage talks

Day 2 - 4 last time:

  • 10:00 first talks, room for 3 * 3 * 11 = 99 50 minute stage talks
  • 3 days lightning talks, taking 2 50 minute slots a day
  • So 99 - 6 = 93 50 minute stage talks

Day 5 last time:

  • 10:00 first talks, room for 3 * 5 = 15 50 minute stage talks
  • 16:00 closing

Results in room for 18 + 93 + 15 = 126 50 minute stage slots.

Was not discussed in detail.

Which content are we missing?

Which skills/topics are we missing in the submissions or we want more of?

  • OSINT
  • Skills [all]
  • Political activism
  • Science but not CS
  • How things changed during COVID

Could be a panel, but needs a good moderator Walter: action, will look for some academic speakers on this

Blog post to convince employers? [Nicolas/Hugh] - Need to follow up

Speaker desk

Heralds and Angels (needs to be notified to Team:Volunteers)

Heralds: Ijon [Walter] / Witchdoc [Hugh/Kirils/Jos]

Ijon has been contacted, so has Lindworm, this needs to be followed-up.

From Bas: Can you split that in actual shifts? How long is a shift for a specific job? Normally we do about 2hrs per shift for a meal roughly. Does that number work for you? Please check with your team, some may have a better idea about this than i do.

Herald Angels: every speaker slot needs one angel

Walter: is checking with people to run the Herald Angels to see if they can come.

Hugh: send approximate calculation to Bas, arrange with Kirils re. Speaker Desk staffing

Speaker Desk equipment

List of things that are needed at speakerdesk (such as a printer):

https://pad.riseup.net/p/MCH2022-SpeakerDesk-supplies-keep

Hugh: email logistics with the list of consumables

Will design input for speakers [Kirils]

Reimbursement privacy policy, might take more time than 2 weeks [Walter]

pretalx

Bridge to Zammad

Decision: individual emails, sort out who is sending these later

For speaker expenses, we know what will be build and when it will be ready as we are near the end of the CfP? [Erik]

Feedback for the schedule

We may have something that collects feedback from the audience before we release the main schedule that helps us to avoid similar events in parallel and allows us to pick a stage based on the popularity of the event.

One option might be https://github.com/pretalx/pretalx-public-voting [Erik]

Schedule output

Pretalx is able to output the schedule in an XML based format and has an HTML output as well and we have a few options:

  • Schedule as HTML on our website
  • EventFahrplan for Android. Approach the app writer [Erik]
  • Using Giggity for Android. Approach the app writer? [Erik]
  • iOS/Apple. No native open source app. There is an app in the app store. Approach the app writer [Erik].

New blog posts?

Discussed. No more blog posts until we announce submissions.

Any Other Business

Topics for next meeting

Next meeting time

Future topics