Team Content Meeting Minutes
Absent with notice
Absent without notice
As decided in the 2022-04-02 meeting
- Notes? Claudia
- Chair? Amelia
- Any other topics?
- I can't make this meeting: Walter, Erik
- 24 April 16:00 - 18:00 CEST acceptance meeting
- 1 May 16:00 - 18:00 CEST acceptance meeting
- 14 May: orga field day, Zeewolde
- Half of May: vote on submissions by visitors
- 10-12 June: Schedule weekend, The Hague/Scheveningen
Status of submissions
249 at the moment.
Acceptance of submissions
- Acceptance emails and confirmation emails draft is done.
If people would like to comment on the emails, do this by commenting on the emails.Such comments should be submitted before out meeting tomorrow.
- Use of Next cloud for the not public minutes. [Claudia]
- Target sending emails to speakers by/during next meeting (?)
- Proposal with high score was changed a lot, Walter will contact the submitter
- Nicolas will contact a submitter- sensitivities were discussed and clarified, no further concerns; they will update the proposal and final decision after further review
- Kirils will contact a submitter about a personal experience-not heard back from them.
- Nicolas will contact a submitter about tor - contact successful, they will revise the proposal to reflect what was discussed, and final acceptance will follow
- Nicolas will contact a submitter about robotics - discussed limitation, offered help to find another coderdojo member/group from NL to help with the Scratch part. In contact with CD NL on that. Final decisions on aceeptance after contact/decisions on the updated workshop content.
- Kirils will contact a submitter about a cat- not checked the small changes that are made in the system.
- Martian will contact a submitter about power and infra - they will merge their submissions
- Walter will contact a submitter about clearview - will update tomorrow
- Walter will contact a submitter about domestic violence- will update tomorrow
We should cluster them by topic area, so we can later balance the programme.
Contact speaker from Uganda as a Visa is required, what is needed to accept?She is not coming, the other speaker coming from Germany is asking for a hotel.
- Tallying number of hotel rooms required
- Erik: could be done in Zammad. Action: Erik to script something for this
- Erik: question -> Can we see when a submission is made or changed?
What level of feedback do we provide to rejected submissions, if any?
Let's do the math how many slots we have to fill before the next meeting when the map is presented [Martian]
For the already accepted submissions, there are not resource constrains Tomorrow we have to know the requirements before we send the emails
We need to know how soon you must request for a visa. We can do it tomorrow after sending the email.
Nicholas (other volunteers are welcome, but not necessary) can spend a hour before the meeting tomorrow to crunch some numbers about diversity so we can chase more diverse speakers.
Day 1 last time:
- 15:00 Heralds introduction
- 16:00 Volunteer introduction
- 17:00 Opening
- 70 minutes between talks: first start 17:40, last start 23:30
- room for 6 * 3 = 18 50 minute stage talks
Day 2 - 4 last time:
- 10:00 first talks, room for 3 * 3 * 11 = 99 50 minute stage talks
- 3 days lightning talks, taking 2 50 minute slots a day
- So 99 - 6 = 93 50 minute stage talks
Day 5 last time:
- 10:00 first talks, room for 3 * 5 = 15 50 minute stage talks
- 16:00 closing
Results in room for 18 + 93 + 15 = 126 50 minute stage slots.
Which content are we missing?
Which skills/topics are we missing in the submissions or we want more of?
- Skills [all]
- Political activism
- Science but not CS
- How things changed during COVID
Could be a panel, but needs a good moderator Walter: action, will look for some academic speakers on this
Blog post to convince employers? [Nicolas/Hugh] - Work in progress, already put down the main talking points, goal to have ready this coming week
Heralds and Angels (needs to be notified to Team:Volunteers)
Heralds: Ijon [Walter] / Witchdoc [Hugh/Kirils/Jos] How much did we heard from the heralds - they have their separate flow. We are not in the position to pursue this.
Ijon has been contacted, so has Lindworm, this needs to be followed-up.
From Bas: Can you split that in actual shifts? How long is a shift for a specific job? Normally we do about 2hrs per shift for a meal roughly. Does that number work for you? Please check with your team, some may have a better idea about this than i do.
Herald Angels: every speaker slot needs one angel
Hugh: send approximate calculation to Bas, arrange with Kirils re. Speaker Desk staffing
Speaker Desk equipment
List of things that are needed at speakerdesk (such as a printer):
Hugh: email logistics with the list of consumables
Will design input for speakers [Kirils]
Bridge to Zammad
Decision: individual emails, sort out who is sending these later
For speaker expenses, we know what will be build and when it will be ready as we are near the end of the CfP? [Erik]
Feedback for the schedule
We may have something that collects feedback from the audience before we release the main schedule that helps us to avoid similar events in parallel and allows us to pick a stage based on the popularity of the event.
One option might be https://github.com/pretalx/pretalx-public-voting [Erik]
Pretalx is able to output the schedule in an XML based format and has an HTML output as well and we have a few options:
- Schedule as HTML on our website
- EventFahrplan for Android. Approach the app writer [Erik]
- Using Giggity for Android. Approach the app writer? [Erik]
- iOS/Apple. No native open source app. There is an app in the app store. Approach the app writer [Erik].
New blog posts?
Discussed. No more blog posts until we announce submissions.
Any Other Business
Topics for next meeting
Do the acceptance in batches and send the emails on Monday When we accept the talks we need to talk about if there are any constrains
Action points for tomorrow:
- Diversity [Nicolas]
- Speakers that need support
- Update, acceptance and rejection emails - send emails on Monday
- Review starting up with priority, with some additions highlighted, and then from bottom up.
- Warn Erik about his action points [Claudia]
Raise submissions we should highlight tomorrow [All]
Tomorrow is more about reducing the number of proposals
Next meeting time
22022-04-24 16:00 - 18:00 CEST (acceptance meeting)