From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting

Online 2022-07-15 21:00 - 21:30 CEST

Pad during the meeting, result in the minutes



As decided in the 2022-07-03 meeting


  • Notes?
  • Chair?
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting:


New Action points

  • Accept last talks
  • Adapt and publish schedule
  • Budget for robots
  • what to do about outstanding talks in submission

Open action points

  • If after the sanity check we are in budget a limited amount of people will guard the remaining budget
  • Build Android app [Hugh]
  • Contact iOS app writer. Contact has been made. Might need api access. Is that readonly and doesn't it expose e.g. email addresses [Erik/Jos]
  • Can/do we want to change the time on the program to 24h format? [Kirils]
  • Team Content 2025 talk: placeholder, might be deleted
  • Arjen Kamphuis documentary [Jos: in progress, English subtitles]
  • “Hour of Power” session Sunday morning, did that make it into pretalx? No.
  • Is Zammad and the expenses spreadsheet up to date? Which one is the real truth for what? [Nicolas]
  • Verify that we at least spend the approved subsidy, not everything we spend might be covered by the subsidy?
  • Look at requests and abstracts of speakers to see if we need communication with them to improve before the start of the event and check if there are any special requests that we need to take care of [Claudia]
  • Expectations of shifts during the event. Are we using the Angel system for shifts of team Content members as it looks like we can't schedule shifts ourselves? Katzazi has Angel system rights. Put in schedule on day -1 [Katzazi]
  • Who will be on the field when? See private minutes in NextCloud.

Closed action points

  • Bridge to Zammad (for speaker expenses). [Erik: done]
  • Make additional Zammad admins: Nicolas, Walter, Martian. Ask sysadmin [Martian: done]
  • Make sure Zammad can calculate a total figure: Erik, Nicolas, Martian [Erik: done]
  • Tallying number of hotel rooms required in Zammad [Erik: done]
  • Lightning talk coordinator [Walter: done]
  • Communicate approved expenses to speakers [Nicolas: done]
  • Usage of some markdown in a couple of abstracts are causing visuals issues. Go through the output of program.mch2022.org and adapt pretalx [Claudia: done]
  • Assist speakers with Visa and prepare Visa letters [Nicolas: done]
  • AK talk? Only available on Saturday, explore further [Martian: done, not possible]
  • Relocation of stage Clairvoyance, any issues with that, reply to Ruud. No issue [Walter: done]
  • Visa didn't work out for some speakers, when are we withdrawing and remove them from the schedule? Hungarian Ambasy? [Nicolas: done]
  • Incorporate village content in the schedule. Update wiki: https://wiki.mch2022.org/Team:Content/VillageContentInProgramme [Walter: done]

Speaker desk

  • Heralds and Angels (needs to be notified to Team:Volunteers). For Heralds fixed by Katzazi. [Hugh/Kirils: done]
  • https://wiki.mch2022.org/Team:Speaker_Desk up to date? (Coco left Projectleiding long ago for example) [Hugh/Kirils/Nicolas: done]
  • Update and communicate to speakers: https://wiki.mch2022.org/Speaker_FAQ [Hugh: done]
  • Update and communicate to speakers about audio/video/... [Hugh: done]
  • Open speaker support requests? [Hugh/Kirils/Nicolas]
  • Hotel room spreadsheet up to date? [Nicolas: done]


  • Quickly meet and align so that we know each other before going to the field. [done]
  • Katzazi and Arthur will be part of team Heralds, potential third volunteer, status? [Katzazi]
  • https://wiki.mch2022.org/Team:Heralds up to date? (Coco left Projectleiding long ago for example) [Katzazi]
  • How many heralds in each shift? 2 shift slots per shift
  • Check laptop for video/audio output before the talk
  • Including Q&A 30 or 50 minutes for a talk
  • Draft mail to speakers [Nicolas/Hugh/Katzazi: done]
  • Heralding blog post? [Walter/Katzazi]

Lightning talks

  • Two coordinators found: Roxy and Toralv, a third volunteered, how to continue? [Roxy/Toralv]
  • Wiki page [Roxy/Toralv]
  • Blog post [Roxy/Toralv]

New blog posts?

Any Other Business

  • Pay attention to Signal/email

Topics for next meeting

Next meeting time

  • Not planned (yet)

Future topics

Important dates

  • 14 July: Start of buildup
  • 22 July: MCH2022 starts!
  • October? Lessons learned