Team Content Meeting Minutes
Absent with notice
Absent without notice
As decided in the 2022-04-23 meeting
- Notes? Martian
- Chair? Amelia
- Any other topics?
- I can't make this meeting: Erik
Status of submissions
260 at the moment.
Acceptance of submissions
- Update, acceptance and rejection emails - in batches, send emails on Monday. All are accepted including Walters last minute changes. Add the emails in pretalx and send them out. [Hugh]
- Nicholas can spend a hour before the meeting tomorrow to crunch some numbers about diversity so we can chase more diverse speakers. [Done, well received]
- Speakers that need a Visa [done]
- Greenpeace [Claudia got input]
- Nicolas would like to postpone one submission [done]
- Proposal with high score was changed a lot, Walter will contact the submitter: withdrawn
- Walter will contact a submitter about clearview [ongoing]
- Walter will contact a submitter about domestic violence [no reply yet]
- When we accept the talks we need to talk about if there are any constrains
- Review starting up with priority, with some additions highlighted, and then from bottom up.
- Warn Erik about his action points [Claudia]
- Use of Next cloud for the not public minutes. [Claudia]
Discussed yesterday, not finished:
- Kirils will contact a submitter about a personal experience-not heard back from them.
- Nicolas will contact a submitter about robotics - discussed limitation, offered help to find another coderdojo member/group from NL to help with the Scratch part. In contact with CD NL on that. Final decisions on aceeptance after contact/decisions on the updated workshop content.
- The other speaker coming from Germany is asking for a hotel [Claudia]
- Tallying number of hotel rooms required in Zammad [Erik]
- Can we see when a submission is made or changed in pretalx? [Erik]
- What level of feedback do we provide to rejected submissions, if any?
Amount of slots
Day 1 last time:
- 15:00 Heralds introduction
- 16:00 Volunteer introduction
- 17:00 Opening
- 70 minutes between talks: first start 17:40, last start 23:30
- 1 50 minute slot for lightning talks
- room for 6 * 3 - 1 = 17 50 minute stage talks
Day 2 - 4 last time:
- 10:00 first talks, room for 3 * 3 * 11 = 99 50 minute stage talks
- 3 days lightning talks, taking 2 50 minute slots a day
- So 99 - 6 = 93 50 minute stage talks
Day 5 last time:
- 10:00 first talks, room for 3 * 5 - 1 = 14 50 minute stage talks
- 1 50 minute slot for lightning talks
- 16:00 closing
Results in room for 17 + 93 + 14 = 124 50 minute stage slots.
Which content are we missing?
Which skills/topics are we missing in the submissions or we want more of?
- Skills [all]
- Political activism
- Science but not CS
- How things changed during COVID
Could be a panel, but needs a good moderator Walter: action, will look for some academic speakers on this
Blog post to convince employers? [Nicolas/Hugh] - Work in progress, already put down the main talking points, goal to have ready this coming week
Heralds and Angels (needs to be notified to Team:Volunteers)
Heralds: Ijon [Walter] / Witchdoc [Hugh/Kirils/Jos] How much did we heard from the heralds - they have their separate flow. We are not in the position to pursue this.
Ijon has been contacted, so has Lindworm, this needs to be followed-up.
From Bas: Can you split that in actual shifts? How long is a shift for a specific job? Normally we do about 2hrs per shift for a meal roughly. Does that number work for you? Please check with your team, some may have a better idea about this than i do.
Herald Angels: every speaker slot needs one angel
Hugh: send approximate calculation to Bas, arrange with Kirils re. Speaker Desk staffing
Speaker Desk equipment
List of things that are needed at speakerdesk (such as a printer):
Hugh: email logistics with the list of consumables
Will design input for speakers [Kirils]
Bridge to Zammad
Decision: individual emails, sort out who is sending these later
For speaker expenses, we know what will be build and when it will be ready as we are near the end of the CfP? [Erik]
Feedback for the schedule
We may have something that collects feedback from the audience before we release the main schedule that helps us to avoid similar events in parallel and allows us to pick a stage based on the popularity of the event.
One option might be https://github.com/pretalx/pretalx-public-voting [Erik]
Pretalx is able to output the schedule in an XML based format and has an HTML output as well and we have a few options:
- Schedule as HTML on our website
- EventFahrplan for Android. Approach the app writer [Erik]
- Using Giggity for Android. Approach the app writer? [Erik]
- iOS/Apple. No native open source app. There is an app in the app store. Approach the app writer [Erik].
New blog posts?
Discussed. No more blog posts until we announce submissions.
Any Other Business
Topics for next meeting
Next meeting time
22022-05-01 16:00 - 18:00 CEST (acceptance meeting)
22022-05-07 16:00 - 18:00 CEST (acceptance meeting)
- 1 May 16:00 - 18:00 CEST acceptance meeting
- 14 May: orga field day, Zeewolde
- Half of May: vote on submissions by visitors
- 10-12 June: Schedule weekend, The Hague/Scheveningen