2022-05-21-Content-meeting

From MCH2022 wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Team Content Meeting

Online 2022-05-21 16:30 - 18:00 CEST

Pad during the meeting, result in the minutes

Minutes

Agenda

As decided in the 2022-05-07 meeting

Administrivia

  • Notes?
  • Chair?
  • Any other topics?
  • I can't make this meeting: Robin, Nicolas, Erik

Topics

Updates

  • 14 May: orga field day, Zeewolde [Hugh]

Action points

  • Amount of slots: Which end time do we think is acceptable -> calculate amount of slots (available)
  • Contact Erik [Martian: done]
  • Walter will write a blog post [done]
  • Contact team Info about blog posts [Walter]
  • Estimate of the budget already allocated [Claudia: done]
  • Reimbursement privacy policy and rules [Walter]
  • We need to find extra stages (sponsors, villages, ...)
  • Connection with Hope [Claudia]
  • Submitters had 2 weeks to confirm their presence, what to do with those who didn't (yet): https://conference.mch2022.org/orga/event/mch2021-2020/submissions/?&state=accepted
  • Shortlist of talks content members really want. (Viola, Claudia, ...)

Erik will catch up next week, action points:

  • Voting by visitors, end of May, one option might be https://github.com/pretalx/pretalx-public-voting [Erik]
  • Bridge to Zammad (for speaker expenses) [Erik]
  • Tallying number of hotel rooms required in Zammad [Erik]
  • Web server for static output of the schedule [Erik]
  • Communicate with existing app builders that can host the schedule [Erik]
  • Can we see when a submission is made or changed in pretalx? [Erik]

Which content are we missing?

Which skills/topics are we missing in the submissions or we want more of?

  • OSINT
  • Skills [all]
  • Political activism
  • Science but not CS
  • How things changed during COVID

Could be a panel, but needs a good moderator Walter: action, will look for some academic speakers on this

Blog post to convince employers? [Nicolas/Hugh]

Speaker desk

Heralds and Angels (needs to be notified to Team:Volunteers)

Heralds: Ijon [Walter] / Witchdoc [Hugh/Kirils/Jos] Ijon has been contacted, so has Lindworm

From Bas: Can you split that in actual shifts? How long is a shift for a specific job? Normally we do about 2hrs per shift for a meal roughly. Does that number work for you? Please check with your team, some may have a better idea about this than i do.

Herald Angels: every speaker slot needs one angel

Hugh: send approximate calculation to Bas, arrange with Kirils re. Speaker Desk staffing

Speaker Desk equipment

List of things that are needed at speakerdesk (such as a printer):

https://pad.riseup.net/p/MCH2022-SpeakerDesk-supplies-keep

Hugh: email logistics with the list of consumables

Will design input for speakers [Kirils]

Reimbursement privacy policy, might take more time than 2 weeks [Walter]

New blog posts?

Any Other Business

Topics for next meeting

Next meeting time

Future topics

Important dates

  • End of May: vote on submissions by visitors
  • 10-12 June: Schedule weekend, The Hague/Scheveningen
  • 18 June: Last orga meet at RevSpace