Team Content Meeting Minutes
Absent with notice
Absent without notice
As decided in the 2022-05-07 meeting
- Notes? Martian
- Chair? Walter
- Any other topics?
- I can't make this meeting: Robin, Nicolas, Erik
- 14 May: orga field day, Zeewolde [Hugh]
Walked around the field, looks smaller than on the map, nothing changed, speaker desk opposite to Heaven. Debate about slot timing.
Stickers are ordered.
- Amount of slots: Which end time do we think is acceptable -> calculate amount of slots (available): Last talks start 23:00, some at midnight.
Kirils will adapt the spreadsheet.
51 slots available.
- Contact Erik [Martian: done]
- Walter will write a blog post [done]
- Contact team Info about blog posts [Walter: done]
- Estimate of the budget already allocated [Claudia: done]
- Connection with Hope [Claudia is doing only for Climate. The group should send and email to Mitch suggesting the other talks]
- Submitters had 2 weeks to confirm their presence, what to do with those who didn't (yet): https://conference.mch2022.org/orga/event/mch2021-2020/submissions/?&state=accepted
Hugh puts it in a pad, slightly modify, send tomorrow, 1 week deadline. https://pad.riseup.net/p/TRCZdVQhnY2UFp93vO6h
- Viola: 1 pointer proposal: if somebody scores a one accept only after discussion? Add a tagged category [Viola/Walter]
- Shortlist of talks content members really want. (Viola, Claudia, Walter, ...)
Erik will catch up next week, action points:
- Voting by visitors, end of May, one option might be https://github.com/pretalx/pretalx-public-voting [Erik]
- Bridge to Zammad (for speaker expenses) [Erik]
- Tallying number of hotel rooms required in Zammad [Erik]
- Web server for static output of the schedule [Erik]
- Communicate with existing app builders that can host the schedule [Erik]
- Can we see when a submission is made or changed in pretalx? [Erik]
Which content are we missing?
Not discussed this time.
Which skills/topics are we missing in the submissions or we want more of?
- Skills [all]
- Political activism
- Science but not CS
- How things changed during COVID
Could be a panel, but needs a good moderator Walter: action, will look for some academic speakers on this
Heralds and Angels (needs to be notified to Team:Volunteers)
Heralds: Ijon [Walter] / Witchdoc [Hugh/Kirils/Jos] Ijon has been contacted, so has Lindworm
From Bas: Can you split that in actual shifts? How long is a shift for a specific job? Normally we do about 2hrs per shift for a meal roughly. Does that number work for you? Please check with your team, some may have a better idea about this than i do.
Herald Angels: every speaker slot needs one angel
Hugh: send approximate calculation to Bas, arrange with Kirils re. Speaker Desk staffing
Speaker Desk equipment
List of things that are needed at speakerdesk (such as a printer):
Hugh: email logistics with the list of consumables
Will design input for speakers [Kirils]
New blog posts?
Blog post to convince employers? [Nicolas/Hugh] Will be going to team info.
Any Other Business
Topics for next meeting
Next meeting time
2022-05-29 14:00 - 16:00 CEST. Jos can't join.
- End of May: vote on submissions by visitors
- 10-12 June: Schedule weekend, The Hague/Scheveningen
- 18 June: Last orga meet at RevSpace